Monday, September 25, 2006

It's not you, it's me

So, I've started a few new relationships this fall. Some satisfy my need for humour, some my need for excitement, some my love of drama. My husband is OK with it, too. In fact, we're doing a menage a trois with one of them.

I have to say, this fall's new crop of TV shows is the best I've seen in years.

But I've already dumped one. I'll leave you in suspense as to which one. The cliffhanger will be resolved at the end of this post.

So far the favourite of both me and my husband is "Studio 60 on the Sunset Strip." I love Matthew Perry and Bradley Whitford together - they have great chemistry. It IS kind of like watching Josh without Donna, though. Matt did a great turn in "The West Wing" either last season or the season before, so I'm already used to him not being Chandler.

Also enjoyed the first episode of "Smith." Ray Liotta has gotten pretty swarthy-looking - must be all that hard living. But he's still sexy as hell. And Virginia Madsen, well, let's just say, if I played for the other team, she'd be on my list. Oh, what the fuck, let's put her on the list anyway. I also really like Amy Smart. And the British guy is cool.

I have also watched "Six Degrees" which I liked, although I was pretty disappointed that they got the characters together so quickly - I thought they'd leave a little more to be developed throughout the season. "Shark" was another one, but I think James Woods has an awfully big job to carry that show all on his own. And after all the L&O shows, the audience is savvy enough about legal procedure to know that first courtroom scene was pretty weak. But I'll give it a chance.

Looking forward to "Ugly Betty" and "The Nine." Between the new shows and my returning faves - ER, Lost, and CSI:NY - I haven't watched this much TV in ages. Thank heaven the networks are offering up more than reality tripe. Sorry, reality fans.

But unfortunately, there is only so much room on the PVR, so I've had to let a show go. "Men In Trees" just doesn't do it for me. I don't know if it's the hour-long comedy, or Anne Heche, or what, but I was watching the second episode and about a quarter of the way through, I realized "I just don't give a rat's ass about what happens to any of these people." So it's outta there. With a Friday night time slot, I don't give it much hope anyway.

My Friday nights are already taken up with my only nod to reality tripe. "What Not To Wear" is my very favouritest show on TV. Give me an hour with Stacey and Clinton - and a half a bottle of wine - and my weekday stress just melts away. God bless those two. Hopefully one day there won't be a visible panty line or a tapered pant left anywhere in the world.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Counter