Tuesday, July 25, 2006

Save me ... I'm melting ...

As one of my co-workers astutely pointed out yesterday, normally we pay thousands of dollars to travel to exotic locations in order to sweat the way we're sweating right now. I then more astutely pointed out that those exotic locations also include all you can drink swim-up pool bars, all you can eat buffets, and air-conditioned rooms. Along with no kids, no pets, no laundry, and no housecleaning. Not that I do the laundry and housecleaning, but still.

It has been deathy, ridiculously, fantastically hot the last few days. When temperatures are in the mid 30's here, it feels like 40 thanks to the humidity. I break a sweat reaching into the fridge to grab a bottle of water. Making toast heats up the kitchen too much. The cats need to take a nap walking from the living room to the dining room. I can't shower with the bathroom light on. It's a relief to be at work, where the temperature can be best described as "balmy meatlocker."

Not that I'm complaining. When it's November and it NEVER. STOPS. RAINING. I'll look back on these lazy, hazy, crazy days of summer and sigh wistfully. I'll remember being able to go to the gym in just my workout clothes, and still need the air conditioner on in the car on the way home. Sitting out on the back deck on a Friday night with a cool beverage and my book, able to read until 9:00 at night because it's still light out.

I love summer, but 10 degrees cooler would make me fall in love all over again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Counter