Friday, July 21, 2006

Just Call Me Cranky Crankerson

Sometimes I honestly just want to take this little side business of mine and toss it in the trash.

I've worked for HOURS on the second edition of a newsletter for a client, finally have it ready, and sent it to her last night. That's after sending it to myself a few times to make sure it works. Well, of course, it doesn't work for her. Instead of seeing a beautiful newsletter, she sees broken graphics and text in the wrong place.

This is after having a serious mental meltdown with the first edition. I did that one in Word and sent it to her, but she couldn't get it converted to HTML so it became my problem. She ended up sending it out as a PDF file which looked RIDICULOUS. So this time I created a whole new format in Publisher, and it looks fantastic if I do say so myself. Now to figure out how to get it to her whole.

I am so sick of dealing with this.

The worst thing - I told her I'd charge her $150 for everything, which is peanuts in the world of e-publishing and media. That's 3 hours worth, and I've probably spent three times that amount of time so far, with more to come.

What a great way to ruin my Friday.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Counter