Thursday, July 13, 2006

No Good Deed Goes Unpunished

So, I have to go to traffic court today. How white trash does that sound? No, not for something I did - they haven't caught me yet. For something I saw last summer. A girl doing Mach-10 on a rainy highway rolled her car right in front of me and my daughter. I stayed behind like a good citizen to give the cop my statement - and this is how I'm rewarded. I have to testify at the stupid girl's hearing. They have you dead to rights, sweetheart. How 'bout you do us all a favour and plead guilty? That way I can go home and have a nap. It's all about me, after all.

I do, however, have to take a big chunk out of my car insurance thanks to a run-in I had with a log on the girls' Weekend Of Debauchery. Scraped my car up but good. Luckily I'm a good little driver - see above - and have an exemplary insurance rating. The repairs will cost me $200 for the deductible, then an $80 increase in my coverage for the year, but then it starts going down again as I build my rating back up. So it'll probably cost me about $500 all told, still totally worth it for what will likely amount to a repair job that's worth at least $1500. Fucking car companies. Long gone are the days you could pound out a dent and repaint it yourself.

And, against my better judgement, I will become a Girl Guide leader this fall. Crazy, you say? Possibly. I'm getting K involved in Sparks (pre-Brownies), and they desperately need leaders, so I foolishly put up my hand. Let's see - full-time job that has me working atrocious hours, a consulting business, a husband, a daughter who's starting kindergarten, and joining the school's Parent Advisory Council. I'll be lucky to have enough time in the day to pee. What's wrong with me??

2 Comments:

Blogger Betty said...

Wow, you're becoming quite the little joiner, aren't you? ;)

I really enjoyed brownies & I'm sure you'll have some fun...when you're not tearing your hear out, Brown Owl!

8:55 p.m.  
Blogger Refinnej said...

Heh. Welcome to my life.

LOL

10:54 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Counter