Wednesday, July 05, 2006

Might as well make the most of my time

So, I've finally figured out a good time to post in this thing. That's been my biggest issue - no time. Gee, with a full time job, a casual small business, a husband, a kid, a home, and a nice social life, you'd think I'd have all the time in the world, right?

So I'm going to start posting from work! They pay me to write, right? So I'll write. Just not for them. What they don't know and all that.

So, Kenneth Lay died today. You know, the chairman of Enron. Lied about profits, lived a champagne lifestyle on a Fresca budget. He supposedly died of a heart attack. I figure he's faking his death. I would. The guy was facing a kajillion years in prison and would likely be lynched if he ever got out. So he pulls a Bre-X, except without the helicopter in the jungle this time. Need more proof of my theory? The announcement came from his LAWYER'S office. Yeah, right. You want to know how to tell if a lawyer is lying? Their lips are moving.

Work is kicking my ass. I'm so tired these days. Can't seem to get enough sleep. Napping is going well, although I feel like a 2 year old most days.

Changing my diet and workout routine slightly. Not dieting, since I've sworn off all dieting. Just adding more protein, changing some of my choices. And ramping up the workouts - less time, more intensity. This all comes from my new diet and fitness guru - Lawrence at GNC. Stopped in yesterday in a moment of weakness - asking about weight loss aids. I know I can't take anything really, because I'm so sensitive to stimulants. So Lawrence suggested upping my protein and my workouts, and taking something called CLA, which is supposed to help build lean muscle mass and get rid of fat. We'll see. My body likes its fat, and is pretty cranky when asked to give it up.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Treena... speaking of health... E is using www.fitday.com to lose weight, and has lost 16 pounds since the end of May, just by making himself aware of what he is eating. He's finding the daily food chart very helpful... you might want to check it out :) After all, if it is working for E, it can work for anyone ;)

8:49 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Counter