Thursday, April 06, 2006

The 4-1-1

So, it's official. My life is boring. My life is SO boring, I actually make boring a three-syllable word. BO-HO-RING.

Here's the skinny.

Monday to Thursday look virtually identical. I get up at 3am - yes, you read that right, the crack of oh-my-fucking-God-it's-early. I'm at work by 4am, usually off work by 10am. God bless a job that pays me what I get paid for not doing a hell of a lot. I love the news business, even with the brutal hours. I'd probably do it for free. If I didn't have to get up.

Then I come home, eat, maybe read a little bit, watch a bit of TV, then have a nap. How depressing is that? I'm 36 and I need a sleep in the afternoons. Oh well, whatever works.

Then I get up and go to the gym. Even after years of working out, I still hate it. I love what it does for my body, but I still hate the physical act of exercising. And I still don't look like Eva Longoria. I think I'll demand my money back.

Then I pick up my daughter, come home, make dinner, eat dinner, play with the kid for awhile - yay for kids' board games - then herd her into bed. My husband usually comes home during this time, but sometimes he's late. Then I read for another hour or so, and it's off to bed by 9pm.

Needless to say "People" magazine isn't beating down my door for a 10-page spread.

Fridays can be different, in that I often skip my afternoon nap. I'll sometimes go shopping and for lunch and a movie with a coworker. It makes for a long day, but I get to sleep in on Saturdays. By "sleeping in" I mean 6am. Whee.

My husband and I often make Friday night our "date night." We eat together after the progeny has gone to bed, drink a little and watch TV. "What Not To Wear" is my current, and only, reality TV vice. Except for Dr. Phil. Whut wure ewe thinken?

Weekends are a frantic and futile attempt to do everything I didn't do during the week. I pay someone to clean my house, so I don't have to do that at least. But every second Thursday morning I frenetically "clean up" for the housekeepers. Stupid, I know, but I don't want them spending their time tidying, I want them to spend their time cleaning.

Tomorrow is a big adventure. I'm going shopping south of the border with some girls from work. Can't wait. I am a self-admitted shoe whore. Finding a good deal on a cute pair of shoes is, at times, better than sex. Admit it, you know it's true.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Counter