Tuesday, June 06, 2006

Well, how sad am I?

Haven't been here in awhile, have I?

No excuse, really. Just haven't had much to say.

May was kind of a busy month - visiting relatives, a trip with girlfriends, and we adopted two kittens. Although when we're in the basement and we hear them running around upstairs, I swear we've adopted a heard of fucking buffalo.

I've also turned into a kitten nurse - the poor babes had upper respiratory infections, so we've become good friends with the vet. We're also putting his kids through medical school, I'm sure.

What else is going on? Not much. My husband is about to go fishing for a week. I understand the need for solitude, but fishing? Sorry, not my bag at all. But because of my unusual work hours, I can't care for our daughter alone. So she's being shipped off to the 'rents for a week. I get a whole week all to myself. No lunches to make, no daycare pick-ups, no dirty rooms to clean. But no hugs, no kisses, and no "I love you mommy"'s. Not much of a toss-up, is it? I'll enjoy the peace and quiet for about 20 minutes, then desperately miss my family. Oh well, it's just a week.

Be back soon, I promise. Why waste blog space if I'm not going to use it, right?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Counter