Tuesday, January 02, 2007

What do you mean, the chocolate is all gone?

Well, happy freakin' new year.

Spent my Christmas sick. And working. Working sick just sucks the big hind tit. Husband was sick. Child - currently sick. Got the first good sleep in a week last night. Note to self - doubling up on pain meds knocks child on ass. Could become regular Friday night routine. "Here's your night-night juice, sweetie - drink up!"

Seriously, though, December was very nice and action-packed but I'm glad it's over. Took K to see "Beauty and the Beast" the play on the 23rd, and she was just enraptured. Must do more of that Kulture thing. Christmas Eve/Day - one big blur of gifts, food and family. New Year's Eve - quiet. Me, martinis and "Lisey's Story." Can't get much better, you ask me.

Gifts - good! Hubby got me some bling - a diamond circle pendant. Woo hoo, now I look like Oprah! Except my pendant cost a couple hundred dollars and hers cost a couple small countries. Still.

Definitely feeling the pain of food withdrawal, however. I basically ate my way through the month of December. Even the week after Christmas, when I thought it would be over, people at work were bringing in their sugary leftovers. And I was eating them. Nonstop. Chocolate ball? Yummy! Square? Delicious! Unidentified, slightly flat treat on the floor with shoe imprint? Finger lickin' good! And I fell off the wine wagon - possibly because I drank a vinyard's worth at my company Christmas party. So it was hard liquor and fruit juice all the way, baby. Nothing says Chrismas like mango cosmos and pomegranate martinis. Mmmm, tastes like another!

No gym time either, thanks to the serial head colds.

So now I'm bloated, perpetually hung over, and can feel my fat cells swelling as we speak. What a great way to ring in the new year!

1 Comments:

Blogger Refinnej said...

My butter tart/stuffing/chocolate-enhanced fat cells wish yours all the BEST in 2007!

The best chocolate....the best alcocohol....

7:06 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Counter